How does a coach help their clients?
- Acts as a sounding board
- Offers unconditional support
- Serves as an accountability partner in achieving goals (business and personal)
What is the difference between therapy and coaching?
- A coach becomes a collaborative partner, listening to deeply understand the client’s present issues and offer insight while using coaching skills to help clients determine what they want and how to get there.
- A therapist deals with issues in the past that are causing problems.
Benefits of using a coach
- Reduce your stress and anxiety
- Improve relationships
- Elevate your sense of inner peace
- Increase confidence in your decisions
- Feel deeply understood
- Renew your sense of direction
- Enhance your clarity
Although I am currently finishing my practicum to additionally be a psychotherapist, I do not practice therapy with my coaching clients. I serve as an accountability partner who works with each client to create a specific plan that addresses their goals and aspirations. We collaborate to monitor and make adjustments as needed. I embrace the future-focused, take-charge and positive nature of coaching and love seeing clients “regain their spark”.
I’ve never talked to anyone. I’m used to handling things on my own. Aren’t people who go to coaching weak?
Not at all. People who ask for help know when they need it and have the courage to reach out. Everyone needs help now and then. In our work together, I’ll help you explore and identify your strengths and how to implement them to reduce the influence of the problems you are facing.
How does it work? What do I have to do in sessions?
Because each person has different issues and goals for coaching, it will be different depending on the individual. I tailor my approach to your specific needs.
How long will it take?
Unfortunately, this is not possible to say in a general FAQs page. Everyone’s circumstances are unique to them and the length of time coaching can take to allow you to accomplish your goals depends on your desire for personal development, your commitment, and the factors that are driving you to seek coaching in the first place.
I want to get the most out of coaching. What can I do to help?
I am so glad you are dedicated to getting the most out of your sessions. Your active participation and dedication will be crucial to your success.